Cooking time: 15 minutes
Your favourite Japanese curry in burger form: this indulgent treat is a relaxed spin on traditional flavours, with a katsu curry mayonnaise to top the panko-coated chicken patty
- 2x Chicken Fillets
- Vegetable Oil or Sunflower oil, for cooking
For the brime:
- 500ml milk
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp Shichimi Togarashi
For The Katsu Mayo:
- 50ml Ketchup
- 1tbsp Toasted Sesame oil
- 1tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Runny Honey]1/2 Lime Juiec
- 1tsp Hot Mustard
- 2 tsp Blenders Medium Curry Powder
- 3 tbsp Blenders Mayonnaise
For Chicken Katsu:
- 1 Egg
- 100g Rice Flour
- 60g Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 Burger Buns (preferably Brioche)
- Handful Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- 2 Spring Onions, finely sliced
- 2 Radishes, finely sliced
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the brine with 1 tsp salt. Put the chicken in the brine, cover with cling film and marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hrs.
- To make the mayo, combine all the ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Half an hour before cooking, remove the chicken from the fridge. Crack the egg into a bowl and whisk with 2 tbsp of the brine. Mix the rice flour and panko, and spread out in a layer on a plate. Remove one chicken breast from the brine, shake off the excess, dip into the egg mix, then coat in the panko mix. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the other chicken breast.
- Heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer or large, heavy-bottomed saucepan until it reaches 180C, or a piece of bread browns in 30 secs. Fry for 10-12 mins until cooked through. Drain on kitchen paper, then slice each breast into 4-5 pieces.
- Split and toast the buns, then spread with the mayo. Add a layer of lettuce, spring onions and radishes, then top with the chicken and more mayo.